I offer online and in-person courses in order to delve more deeply into certain more subtle, philosophical or technical aspects of yoga that are difficult to cover in regular classes and even workshops. These courses are generally suitable for all who are keen to learn more about the living tradition of yoga that we are all part of, and who wish to take their personal yoga journey to a deeper level.
Current Courses Offered:
‘Involute’ – A Three-Part Online Yoga Course
‘Involute’ – adjective, meaning ‘spiralling inwards’ or ‘involved and intricate’.
“ …revolve me nearer to the centre. Then all the work I put my hand to widens from turn to turn.” – Rilke’s Book of Hours (I:45).
‘Involute’ is a new three-part online yoga course designed to gradually guide our awareness deeper and deeper inside of ourselves to, firstly, help us to full ground and centre within ourselves. Then, through deep inner listening, we can begin to heal old wounds, re-balance ourselves and unlock our full potential.
The course runs over six months, between June and November 2023, and is divided into three parts, with a final closing celebratory session to finish:
- Part 1 – Deep Core Awareness – Grounding and Centring. 7, 14, 21, 28 June 2023 7-9pm, plus ongoing personal practice and integration during July 2023.
- Part 2 – Pelvic Floor Awareness – Building Strength and Trust. 2, 9, 16, 23 August 2023, 7-9pm, plus ongoing personal practice and integration during September 2023.
- Part 3 – Breath and Bandha Awareness – Unlocking Your Potential. 4, 11, 18, 25 October 2023, 7-9pm, plus ongoing personal practice and integration during November 2023.
- Closing Celebratory Class – November 29th 2023, 7-9pm.
The whole course lasts approximately 6 months, from June to November 2023. Each Part runs over approximately 8 consecutive weeks. For the first four weeks there will be a weekly live online two-hour group class and you will also be sent a 30 minute pre-recorded class each week to practise through the week at your leisure as well as written notes on the relevant theory relating to the class focus. At the end of each four-weeks of live sessions you will receive another pre-recorded video or audio clip with recommendations for onward personal practice, plus a written summary of these recommendations, and a bonus one-hour pre-recorded led appropriately themed class to keep and practise at your leisure. You will also receive the recordings of the four live sessions to keep and use whenever you like. There will then be another four weeks off for continued personal practice and integration. During this period there will be an opportunity for a 30 minute live one-to-one online session with myself to voice any questions or doubts and to discuss any aspect of the course and your personal journey of involution. Then the next Part begins, and so on. I will also provide ongoing email support throughout the course and may also send out additional pre-recorded audio or video clips to address particular points as and when it feels necessary during the course. You will also have access to a closed facebook group throughout the course as another way to connect with me as well as the rest of your group, should you wish to. At the end of the six month course there will be one final live online two-hour celebratory completion session to conclude our time together.
The course is designed to be a progressive inward journey of involution, therefore it is strongly recommended and preferred that you sign up for the whole course, and a price discount and priority booking for up-front payment for the whole course is offered to encourage this. However, if you only feel able/drawn to commit to individual Part(s) this is still possible, following a discussion with myself.
This course will lean more towards a yin rather than yang style of practice, as it is designed to help us reconnect to and allow our feminine energy to expand and blossom in order to return to balance. However, although certain parts will be designed particularly for women, due to our different anatomy and particular experiences (for example childbirth, menstrual cycle, menopause), men are not excluded. We all carry feminine and masculine energy within us and, it seems to me that, at this time on our planet, we could all do with giving our feminine energy a bit of a boost, which is where the impetus for this course has come from. If you have any doubts or concerns about whether this course is for you or not then please don’t hesitate to get in touch (email@example.com).
I bring to this course over twenty years experience of being a dedicated student and teacher of yoga as well as other ancient modalities of healing and transformation, including shamanic practices and Chinese energy systems such as Tai Chi, Chi Gong and Taoist practices. This course represents my passion and life-work and I draw upon my own embodied experience to bring to you a carefully crafted journey of involution, gently spiralling in towards the deepest, most mysterious layers of our being. The course content will be primarily but not exclusively drawn from the huge body of wisdom held within the ancient yet ever-evolving yoga tradition. Full details of what each Part includes, by week, will be available soon.
Price of Course:
The course is limited to 15 participants and advance booking is required. The course is designed as a progressive inward journey, therefore it is strongly recommended and preferred that you attend the whole course, and a price discount for up-front payment of the whole course is provided to encourage this. Priority will also be given to those joining the whole course from the outset. However, it is still potentially possible to attend each Part on an individual basis, following a discussion with myself. All live sessions will be recorded so if you have to miss a session you can still catch up in your own time. All video/audio recordings from the course are yours to keep for life.
The price of the course is £500 if you pay for it all at the outset (a total saving of £120). For this price you receive:
- 12x two-hour live themed online sessions (recordings of live sessions will be made available for you to keep).
- 12x hand-outs with written notes on theory covered during live sessions.
- 12x 30-minute pre-recorded guided themed yoga sequence videos for you to do at your leisure.
- 3x 30 minute online one-to-one sessions with me.
- 3x pre-recorded videos for ongoing personal practice and integration recommendations.
- 3x written summary notes of personal practice and integration recommendations.
- 3x one hour pre-recorded themed led classes to practise at your leisure.
- Closing Celebratory live two-hour online session.
- Ongoing email support from myself over the full course.
- Bonus pre-recorded audio/video sessions from myself as and when I feel these are helpful throughout the course.
- Access to closed-group facebook page for the group.
If you pay per Part it costs £200 per Part. Per Part, this includes:
- 4x two-hour live themed online sessions (recordings of live sessions will be made available for you to keep).
- 4x hand-outs with written notes on theory covered during live session.
- 4x 30-minute pre-recorded guided themed yoga sequence videos for you to do at your leisure.
- 1x 30 minute online one-to-one discussion with me.
- 1x pre-recorded video for ongoing personal practice and integration recommendations.
- 1x written summary notes of personal practice and integration recommendations.
- 3x one hour pre-recorded themed led classes to practise at your leisure.
- Ongoing email support from myself over the four weeks of live classes and four weeks of integration to follow.
- Bonus pre-recorded audio/video sessions from myself as and when I feel these are helpful throughout the course Part.
- Access to closed-group facebook page for the group for the duration of your Part.
If you are paying per Part then the Closing Celebratory live two-hour session will cost an additional £20.
The course is limited to 15 participants and advance booking is required. For queries and to book on, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will send you payment details.
Previous Online Courses Available for Purchase:
I have the following courses available for purchase – each course ran online previously and is now made available to you for life-long access, so you can work through each course at your own pace to suit your own schedule, and revisit it as many times as you wish. Please get in touch for more information about any of the courses listed here, and to order a course.
Included in the price is life-time access to recorded classes (2 hours each, with philosophy discussion and themed physical practice), written summary notes for each class, home practice suggestions relating to each class and email support from me for queries relating to the course content and your experiences of this.
Journey Through the Koshas (5 week course), £50.
Journey Through the Chakras (6 week course), £60.
Exploring the Kleshas (4 week course), £40.